Research & Trial Information
Protocol#: ECOG – EAQ152 – COMET
Cancer Type: Genomic Based Trial
Eligibility Criteria (Step 1) – Primary Intervention Study (RCT)
- Patients must be registered to the first screening step (Step 0) for the NCI-MATCH trial (EAY131).
- Patients must speak English.
- Patients must have web and e-mail access.
- Patients must have not received his/her MATCH tumor genetic testing results.
Eligibility Criteria (Step 2) – Secondary Genetic Counseling Sub study
- Patients must meet the eligibility requirements in Section 3.1 (except for Section 3.1.3 and 3.1.4) and have had the results from their tumor genetic testing on the NCI-MATCH study shared with them.
- Patients must have a potential germline mutation, as determined by the NCI-MATCH tumor profiling assay, and must meet one of the following criteria:
- Patient’s tumor contains one of the following genetic variants: BRCA1, BRCA2, MLH1, MSH2, RB1, RET, STK11, TSC1, TSC2, VHL, CDH1, CDKN2A
- Patient has an APC mutation and NOT colon cancer
- Patient has an APC mutation, colon cancer and a history of polyposis
- Patient has a PTEN mutation and NOT uterine cancer
- Patient has a TP53 mutation AND either h/o sarcoma, breast cancer (< 40 years old), adrenal cancer, or glioblastoma.
- Patients must be able to speak English and hear by phone.