To ensure cancer patients can receive the newest, leading edge treatment options close to home, Genesys Hurley Cancer Institute (GHCI) has added more technology to its already advanced treatment systems.
The newest linear accelerator radiation treatment system, recently installed at GHCI, delivers many forms of advanced treatment including image-guided radiotherapy, intensity-modulated radiotherapy, and much more!
Its three components are:
1. TrueBeam STx: this advanced external beam radiotherapy is faster and more accurate than previous technology. Physicians can visualize in real time the tumor they are treating. TrueBeam provides more treatment options for complex cancer cases and permits higher doses of radiation.
2. Brain Lab Novalis: this “frameless” non-invasive, shaped beam treatment offers faster treatment times and expanded treatment protocols.
In addition to this new technology, GHCI offers:
• Trilogy linear accelerator – the world’s first image-guided radiation therapy system that provides the highest dose rate over shorter sessions
• Brilliance Big Bore CT simulator for radiation oncology treatment planning, and many more advanced treatment options for all types of cancer
• The HDR (High Dose Brachytherapy) suite including its own dedicated ACQSIM CT/Simulator
Patients rarely have to leave the area for cancer care because GHCI offers the most advanced treatment options available.
For more information on cancer treatment options available at Genesys Hurley Cancer Institute, call the center at 762-8225.